A raw kale and brussel sprout salad.
The sincerity just bleeds, right? Needless to say it didn't help.
2. Speaking of Johnny, he just asked me if tomorrow we are going to the merquarium. We are.
3. Kirby is gone this week so every night I'm just counting the minutes until an intruder emerges from the closet and I become the storyline of the victim in True Detective Season 2. Seems like this girl and I have similar left alone problems. My typical MO is be too afraid to sleep so I stay up suuuppper late (1 and beyond, average Kendra style) googling weird and stupid things on the internet eg "Orlando Bloom punches Justin Bieber." But one night into to my solo sojourn I came up with the idea of "giving" one kid a night with me. Initially, the reasons were entirely selfish - sleeping not alone. But it's turned out to be so great for general "spending a little quiet, quality time with my children" reasons. It's also made the time away from Kirby feel special and productive, not just, how many episodes of Pretty Little Liars can I watch. (No shame)
4. Speaking of being alone, last night a friend was over and THANK GOD because a GUN-DRAWN POLICE OFFICER CRUISED UP OUR FRONT WALK ASKING IF I'D SEEN ANYONE RUN THROUGH THE YARD (I hadn't). But I had to "go inside" and "lock the doors" while he searched our property. Um, no thank you. He left without coming back to chat it up with me about what the hell was going on so I called the police station to figure out if our lives were in immediate danger or something. And it turns out someone had run from the cops in our area so I imagine it was just a dumb kid doing something dumb and not something worse... anyway... WORST NIGHTMARE.
5. But on the bright side of nighttime... my baby has slept all through the night since we got home from our hike! I'm not talking 11-5:30, I am talking 7:30-7:30. Whhhhat! A part of me wonders if that's because our baby monitor (Kirby) isn't here but I did hear him make a few sounds last night and he just fell right back to sleep. Blissy bliss bliss.
6. Speaking of bliss, did you all see that Jenna had her BABY GIRL?? Primrose Lucia was born last Saturday morning and I had the privilege of crying in a hotel bathroom in Fresno upon getting the first text pic. She is so lovely and sweet and I adore Jenna's birth story. She was a two time home-birther that decided on a medicated hospital birth for this one and I'm so impressed with her for making that leap so fearlessly. I bet she will inspire many a woman to not feel pigeonholed in their birth choices. Love that girl.
And this one.
(stolen from Jenna's blog)
(Peter is def in love)
8. The other day I googled "best ballet flats ever" and the first thing that came up was Topshop's Woven Ballet Pumps. And so I followed that link and LO AND BEHOLD they were on sale for $8 with free shipping! Heyo! I bought them and they came yesterday complete with a British postal worker (yes, I made that joke but I don't think he loved it.) And let me tell you, they are dreamy! Butter soft and super comfy. I can already tell they will stretch and become those perfect flats. Just like my google search was hoping for! Anyway, I just checked back and they are back on sale for $12 now which is still 50% off. Go forth! Get thee some flats!
And happy weekending xo