...a quote from my mom, who is, somehow, so turned around with driving on the left that she thinks her actual left is right and vice-versa. i still can't make sense of it.
we are here and it is incredible! somehow our super cheap travelzoo.com deal we got turned out to be totally legit and we are staying in the fanciest place in the best little village, adare. here are somethings i have learned so far...
1. babies are way better travelers than adults
2. adults are way better travelers than pregnant ladies
3. spontaneous contractions over the atlantic ocean will make you burst into tears
4. hydration is key
5. ireland is magical
6. off-season, shmeason
7. guiness is waaaay different here than in the states
8. mary likes it
9. irish people are the nicest people in the world, as far as i know
10. the term "hooker" refers to a rugby position, do not be offended if someone's suggests your unborn child might be one.
day one: killarney, 15th c. franciscan abbey, 15th c. castle, country drive, and aunty lena's pub in adare with a rugby match and irish music.