I've got to be honest, I feel like life is kinda drowning me right now and I just can't get out of it. I can't even really say why but I feel like I'm scrambling almost all the time and not much is ever feeling truly handled. Do you guys feel that way ever? Smh I am just eyerolling myself for the post I wrote a few months back... and also, what changed?! Who knows. It's all just a season, right? (eyeroll again for that)
Anyway, I've been kicking myself for not posting! My goal for today is to revamp our family schedule. Hopefully bring more order and, therefore, mas peace. Please Lord let it be!
I thought I would give you a much approps rundown of the little sweet things that are keeping me afloat lately. Maybe you can tuck them in your back pocket for some good ammo on a crazy day.
1. Konjac sponges. Holy crap how have I missed out on these? I've been taking great pleasure in my daily skin care regiment. It's so, so nice to have about 35 seconds on face-spa time at the start and end of the day and these sponges are the best. The can last a few months (or so I hear?) and give your skin the most gentle exfoliation. I use them with my cleanser and my face looks so bright after. Go nab some!
2. Skin care! I know, I know, I already talked about this but Juice Beauty is the real thang for me these days. I love every single thing of theirs I have tried. Each shipment comes with a generous amount of samples which I squeeze to the last drop. And I know these are kinda pricey but I feel no guilt because, damn it, I am a grown ass woman. They are having a 20% off sale today so I'm gonna treat my little aging skinned-self to the Green Apple Peel (and maybe hand cream... and maybe serum...). So far I have the eye cream, the green apple moisturizer, the stem-cellular moisturizer, and the gel-cleanser and my skin is changing... I am telling you. Treat yo self, babe.
3. Potty training Pete. I won't post a pic a here bc it would get flagged for all sorts of offensiveness but let me just tell you it contained a lot of poo and a lot of pee on my kitchen floor and I was thanking Jesus for my concrete floors. I took a photo to text it to my friends, naturally. Anyway whyyy oh why am I including this here? It's essentially only due to the amount of diapers I have not changed these past few days. And any less diaper I am changing is good for me.
4. Speaking of diapers... I only recently realized Target has a subscription service and I'm pretty sure my life might be changed forevermore because of it. Target dipes and wipes are my all time faves and I think they are even cheaper than Costco brand... (dare I say that in this sacred space?) but going to Target (or anywhere, really) is one of my top 5 most hated things. TURNS OUT THEY CAN JUST SEND YOU THE DIAPERS GUYS, LIKE EVERY MONTH. Died and gone to heaven.
5. Bishop Barron's podcast. I'll just mention it again. For all the time I feel like I don't have to replenish my soul on the daily, this podcast playing in my back pocket while I do housework makes me so, so happy. Listen!
6. Hot yoga. Jenna and I have been taking hot yoga classes for the last few weeks and it is on, hot yoga. ON. We go one night a week which seems so lame in terms of work-out standards but it kicks my ass so hard that I feel like it must roll over at least a day or two. The first class I took I felt like death afterwards- shaky, nauseas, headache, blegh. I did a little research on how to hydrate before and after and that made a huge difference the next class. And now I'm even starting to feel a teensy bit cool in the class (at 102* say what?) and significantly less toxic imho. Anyway, Jenna said something so true last night after class- that it's the only time during the week that her thoughts are completely turned off and man, that is the truth. I am realizing how good for my mind and body a weeknight away is to sweat and stretch so intensely that all you can think about it survival.
7. Drawing moustaches on my boys for halloween. Just cause it's the best.